6.09.2006

I believe they call it "The Big Time"

I've been busy at work on the video for The Lodge on St. George. The main editing is almost done - just tweaking a few things here and there. Also, I'm waiting for some of the professional photos that were commissioned. You can get a sneak peak of them here.

What's been really exciting, though, has been recording the music for the DVD. My friend Austin helped me out recording and editing five tracks. I suppose, for that kind of output, we didn't do a whole lot of work. I'd basically come in with a base melody that I wanted to play, we'd lay it down and then record a few "doodle" tracks and then pick out whatever worked from those. I'm really happy with the results and will probably end up getting some recording equiptment of my own so I don't have to bother Austin in the furture. Then again, he is trying to move all his equiptment up to his cabin - and a recording weekend getaway could be awesome, should it ever need to happen again.

I'm gearing up to road trip down to L.A. for the birthday celebration of a very old friend. I'm fixin' to stop in the bay area to see some family - either on the way down or on the way home. Not really sure. Is it terrible that I love not having anything solid going on right now? I'm waiting for the bubble to burst - and it will very shortly - but in the meantime, everything about life is awesome.

- Thank you for reading.

No comments: