8.29.2006

All I wanna do is...

BICYCLE!!!

The dam of my resolve broke this weekend and I went out and dropped some serious cash on components to build up the bicycle frame I've been sitting on since April. I wish I had a before picture, but trust me, it looked nothing like this:







I call her Cub Scout, or "Scout" for short. She's not perfect just yet. I need to find a yellow saddle. And I'm going to dig up my old scout uniform and maybe find a way to put some patches on her.

But even so, I am sooooo happy with her! She's half the weight of Sludge (my Raleigh bike), taller, more comfortable, more aggressively geared (that's a good thing)... She's pretty much everything I wanted, which is good because I made her.

I didn't have to do any of the hardest things regarding building a bike: Taking apart wheel hubs, building wheels, messing with out of date bottom brackets... But even so, I installed all the pieces, cut the cables and housings and fine tuned everything. I feel so accomplished. There were plenty of complications and fudges, I have the cuts all over my hands to prove it, but it's done and I'm riding it all over the place. Come ride with me!

-Thank you for reading.

No comments: