7.12.2007

Beer + Heat = Strip Jeopardy

Last night was the much anticipated (at least by me) bi-monthly Strip Jeopardy event at the Lompoc 5th Quadrant. I missed the last one as I was in Eugene with Dave's Killer Bread. The desire had stewed and boiled and I was agog with excitement.

If you've been hanging out with me in the last month, it occurs that I've come off rather gay in a lot of regards. Yes, I was excited at the prospect of seeing Jon, the host, take off his clothes. I've also been spouting off madly about a book of penis pictures that I think needs to be made. I've also been on a lot of failed dates lately. I am quite aware that none of this sounds good for my continued status as a heterosexual male. But I'm still on the team, guys.

Anyway, the reason I can be excited about Strip Jeopardy is because it's just so silly. Jon is the best trivia host in town and you always know he'll put on a show. Last night, he arrived in a Seersucker Suit, complete with bow tie. He also debuted a new prize, pilfered from another host, called the "Magic Glass." The owner of the Magic Glass, which is marked with special tape, shall drink whatever he or she wants from it all night for the cost of $1/drink. However, tips must be given based on actual drink prices. A lovely new twist to the trivia experience.

It has been so damn hot lately, my teammates and I speculated that Jon would be all to eager to Take It Off. We were quite wrong. All told, he only removed 4 items out of 10. Each category consists of 5 questions that get progressively harder and are worth different points. If any team exceeds a certain point amount in a category, Jon strips. But with questions like: "Name both of the Lesbian Pirates that are the subject of a famous stage play" and "What Oregon vintner worked on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride & the sundial in Pioneer Square" he was feeling rather prudish.

The shining moment of the night, however, was when Jon did remove his shirt, leaving the Seersucker pants, a wife beater and red suspenders and Angie said "You look like a slutty Orville Redenbacher."



Hilarious.

After the festivities, I went off to The Mission Theater to watch Arrested Development. I find it interesting that McMenamins has repurposed this theater mostly for screening television and TV DVDs. The turn out must be better when there's no cover, but we all still drink as much...

- Thank you for reading.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"If you've been hanging out with me in the last month, it occurs that I've come off rather gay in a lot of regards."

Add to all that, bike rides with homos to questionable dive bars!

Mason West said...

Yeah... maybe I should be worried.