7.26.2007

Harry Potter Watch: Day Six

848 of 1537 holds.

So far, I'm about 50 holds closer every day. I'm mostly counting from Monday, because the first batch of 500 went out on Saturday and nobody would have brought any back for recirculation before then. Still, I am astonished at the general goodwill society is displaying with their promptness here.

Even so, I may borrow a copy from Katie if she finishes it this weekend. Really, if she'd never moved out, I wouldn't have to go through this agony.

At trivia last night, Portland's best Triva Buff, John Doyle, jokingly modeled the last question on last week's Mercury's Harry Potter "spoiler" - which of course I avoided like the plague, and so wasn't in on the joke. My teammates had a good laugh at my expense when I freaked out at his supposed revelation.

Every moment I do not read this book I am at risk!

- Thank you for reading.

P.S. If you're not up to anything on Friday night... and happen to be in Portland... and happen to like riding bikes, Come Pub Ride!

No comments: